Do you sleep well?
Sometimes it is difficult to sleep, it happens and it does not matter. But if you often have trouble falling asleep or wake up a lot at night, it can have consequences for your health. Rest assured: there are simple solutions to solve the problem!
Read this article to find out more.
Why is it important to sleep well?
First of all, it is important to remember that sleeping is as important for the proper functioning of your body as eating, drinking or walking. The average human being spends a third of its life sleeping, it's not for nothing !
If you are between 6 and 13 years old, you need to get 9 to 11 hours of sleep every night to be in good shape. It is much less than the cat, which sleeps an average of 16 hours each day.
But it's much more than the horse, which only needs 3 hours of sleep to be in good shape… Don't take his example!
What happens if you sleep badly?
Do you think in the evening about things that worry you or that bother you and that prevents you from falling asleep? Do you wake up in the middle of the night because of nightmares? And when you wake up in the morning, how do you feel: tired and in a bad mood?
If you answered “ yes ” to these questions, your sleep is not good enough. Poor sleep can then lead to unpleasant changes in your daily life: you are not careful at school, you have trouble learning your lessons, you are grumpy and you can get sick moreeasily.
Conversely, there are many benefits of sleeping well! Here is a small list:
- You rest from the fatigue accumulated during each day and you can recharge your batteries before the next day.
· - Your body fights better against diseases and germs.
- You strengthen your muscles and you grow.
· - Your brain, which never sleeps completely, puts everything you learned during the day in order !
Awesome, isn't it?
Easy tips for good sleep
How can you improve your sleep? Here are some tips that will help you relax and sleep better, so you can get up on the right foot every morning!
- Use your bed only to rest (and not to do your homework, eat your snack or play video games)
- Avoid inviting your cat or your dog in your bed ! But if you want to keep a blanket, that's okay.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark (but you can keep a little nightlight if you're too scared).
- Avoid overeating at dinner.
- Get into the habit of going to bed at the same time, even on weekends.
- Stop playing video games and no screen time 2 hours before going to bed : phone, tablet or console, hop, we put everything in a drawer !
- Once in your pyjamas, read for about 20 minutes warm under your duvet.
- Think of nice things to fall asleep: a pirate adventure ? Your next birthday ? Holidays with grandma by the sea ?
Everything is allowed to relax!